Four Courts Press Privacy Statement
By using our website, you are accepting the practices described in this statement.
What information do we collect?
When you use our website, we may collect and process the following information:
- To fulfil orders, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, billing and delivery address, phone number, and credit card details. Please note that all credit card transactions are processed by a secure third-party shopping cart provider, Foxycart. Read their privacy statement at http://www.foxycart.com/privacy-policy.
- If you are an author, your personal information (username and password) will be used to enable us to verify who you are and to deliver any restricted content and functionality (i.e., the authors’ area) on the website to you.
- We regularly run competitions and prize draws – mostly through our social media accounts – and, in addition to your answer or entry, we will require you to send us certain information, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to administer the promotion and for any other purpose to which you consented when you entered.
- We use Google Analytics to track the number of unique visitors to our website. Please see our section on ‘Cookies’ below to learn more.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To complete your transaction. Please note that all credit card transactions are automatically processed on a secure server, facilitated by a third-party shopping cart provider. Four Courts Press is never in possession of your credit card details. We keep a secure hardcopy of your receipt until the transaction has been completed satisfactorily.
- From time to time, Four Courts Press may choose to use your email address to contact you for market research purposes, or to provide you with marketing information and newsletters. We will only send you marketing messages about products that are similar to that which you bought originally, and you may opt out of theses communications at any time. To do so, simply reply to the email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE clearly marked in the subject heading, or email your instructions to email@example.com.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To help us understand more about how our website is used and to improve our website.
You may notify us either in writing or by telephone or email that you object to being contacted in a particular way. You may also contact us to ask what information we hold about you. We will endeavour to reply to your request in a timely manner.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They identify your computer to our server and allow us to record how frequently you visit the site and the areas you navigate within it. Our cookies do not contain any personal information, but they do enable us to provide the ability to store items in your shopping basket while browsing. They expire when you leave the site.
Our website is using the standard Google Analytics tracking code to monitor visitor numbers. Google Analytics does not collect any personal information about the website users. Read the Google Analytics privacy document for more details: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
When do we share information?
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share your information with our distributors and suppliers that assist us in making our website available to you (our hosting supplier, our online shopping cart supplier), as well as Mail Chimp, acting as agent for Four Courts Press, to distribute our newsletter or special offers.
Whenever you place an order online with Four Courts Press you do so over a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) employs a process that encrypts all information you submit before it comes through to us, ensuring that your credit card and contact details are secured.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this privacy statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org